Thursday, April 23, 2009

Interested in exchanging, trading IPY items.

It dawned on me that a project of this magnitude cannot be accomplished by one man or one head only.
By one head I mean I can't think of everything related to this huge international programme. Just think, researchers in more than 60 countries endorsed 228 projects which provided a framework for six different themes:
  • Status
  • Change
  • Global linkage
  • New frontiers
  • Vantage point
  • Dimension

I have no doubt in my mind that many special postmarks and covers must exist of which I have no knowledge.
I would be eternally greatful and thankful if some collectors out there would be willing to send me such items either voluntarely or in consideration of receiving Canada's issues related to the IPY.
If interested by such a possibility please contact me (see my profile) and we can discuss any necessary arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment