Monday, May 4, 2009

A visit to a philatelic show

Yesterday, I decided to go to a stamp show which was taking place in Ottawa, Canada. The main purpose of my visit was not to buy anything but more to go and get some ideas from the winning exhibits.

Well, I was certainly not disappointed by the exhibits apart from the big question marks they created in my mind.

Originally my intention was to have this first exhibit of mine as a one-frame exhibit. For those not familiar with exhibiting a one-frame exhibit consists of a maximum of 16 pages which would fit into a single frame.

My first realisation is that, for what I want to do, one frame will not be sufficient. With the extent of this theme, there is no way I could present my idea in such a restrictive way. so now I have to decide to what extent do I want to push my presentation and what elements should be included.

It is obvious that with an event taking place this year, postal history cannot be a factor. How then can this become interesting to people from different walks of life and age groups?

Including FDC's into the presentation can be done by anybody and everybody, no big deal, and yet something interesting could be done. I intend to acquire different FDC's and have them signed by either some political figures or people involved directly with the IPY. The big question now is, will I be able to get their cooperation in signing those covers?
TIME WILL TELL...!

No comments:

Post a Comment